Coaches if you know anybody or if you are somebody looking for a break into the world of a professional football club this fantastic job advert has been sent our way. Birmingham need a coach to help with their U14 academy team. The coach should be prepared and available to deliver four sessions per week at Waist Hills training ground in Kings Norton.
Location: St. Andrew's Stadium, Cattell Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 4RL
Salary: £30.00 per session
Application closing date: 16/12/2016
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Understanding of teaching and learning strategies.
- Promote collaboration in the delivery of the programme.
- To take responsibility for all resources associated with training and fixtures ensuring the highest possible standards. (kit, bibs, balls, cones and all).
- To plan, create and evaluate coaching sessions as scheduled in the weekly plan.
- Monitor and evaluation of all players with the coaching cell for succession planning process.
- Understanding / experience of growth and maturity within young players.
- Able to demonstrate a desire to develop their coaching knowledge through course access and CPD.
- Liaison with education, sport science and medical staff on all related matters to enhance a multi-disciplinary process.
- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Communicate and engage with parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the wellbeing of Academy players at all times liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- UEFA B Licence
- FA Youth Module 3
- FA Safeguarding Certificate
- Basic First Aid in Sport Certificate
- Valid Driving Licence
- UEFA A Licence
- FA Advanced Youth Award
Essential for the role
- Knowledge of the Player Performance Pathway (EPPP)
- Design and implementation of coaching curriculum
- Keyboard skills, including use of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Manages their own development
Desirable during consideration
- Knowledge of working within an elite playing environment
- Knowledge of the Performance Management Application (PMA)
- Role models good team behaviour
- Takes full accountability for all their decisions and how they impact others
- Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times
- Ability to communicate appropriately with all ages and remain professional
- Able to demonstrate a desire to develop coaching knowledge through course access and CPD
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Successful applicants will be invited to Birmingham City Football Club, Wast Hills Training Ground for an interview.
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
Under the Disclosure and Barring Service and in accordance with the Club’s own rules regarding Safeguarding the post-holder will be required to meet minimum criteria regarding Safeguarding and a Disclosure and Barring Check will be required in this post. Exceptions Order to Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 applies.
How to apply?
You can apply by clicking the image below