AFC Bournemouth require a full time coach for their U15 academy team and are inviting applications for the role.
Accountable to: Academy manager, academy head of coaching and development
Location: AFC Bournemouth academy, Duck Lane, Bournemouth, BH11 9JJ and all related training/game sites
Salary: Dependant on experience
Closing Date: Thursday 5th April 2018
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 16th April 2018.
Main job role
The role requires the person to lead the football and holistic development of the players within the under-15 age group. The under-15 lead coach will aim to improve the management, structure and outcomes of the academy as well as giving support to the academy head of coaching with the running of the coaching department.
Key responsibilities and duties
- To undertake all reasonable instructions from the Academy Manager and Academy HoC
- To co-ordinate and oversee the schoolboy training & games programme within the Under 15 age group
- To coach and develop the academy players to the standard required by AFC Bournemouth
- To act and conduct yourself, in a manner appropriate to a representative of AFC Bournemouth at all times
- To ensure that all players and staff, in their charge, act both on and off the pitch, in a manner that is appropriate of AFC Bournemouth.
- To plan, prepare and deliver organised sessions, working in conjunction with the syllabus.
- Organise the schoolboy day release sessions and programme
- To organise with coaches, players pick-up & drop off times for all training sessions, matches tournaments and academy events within the Under 15 age group
- Inform all players/parents/guardians in their charge of any changes/cancellations to training, matches or academy events as soon as possible within the Under 15 age group
- Oversee all YDP players match/training kit, match/training balls, bibs, cones and relevant kit/equipment
- To complete and oversee all necessary paperwork required on all match days and training sessions in relation to requirements for the EPPP within the Under 15 age group
- To complete and oversee all Player Record Sheets in preparation for regular Player/Parent Development Meetings within the Under 15 age group
- To attend and conduct all relevant Player/Parent Development Meetings within the Under 15 age group
- To attend all in service and coaching days as required by the Academy Manager & Academy Head of Coaching
- To attend all staff meetings and relevant parent evenings as required by the Academy Manager & Academy Head of Coaching
- To attend all relevant courses as required by the Academy Manager & Academy Head of Coaching
- To liaise regularly with the Academy Manager, Academy Head of Coaching & Professional Development Phase Coach and discuss any relevant issues
- Report all player injuries immediately to the Physiotherapist
- Work efficiently and effectively with additional staff, such as goalkeeping coaches, outfield coaches, assistant coaches, recruitment staff, strength & conditioning coaches, medical staff, video analysts, transport manager, education & welfare staff and academy administrator.
- Work with Academy analysts to plan and prepare relevant team and individual footage
- Provide feedback to players by using video analysis on a regular basis
- Assist the Academy Manager, Head of Recruitment, Academy Head of Coaching and any other relevant staff in making decisions regarding the signing of, or not, of trialists, and the retention of players currently at the club
- Liaise with the Academy Manager to ensure that all required qualifications are up to date
- Document all relevant conversations with parents/guardians of academy players
Qualifications and experience
- UEFA A Licence (required)
- FA Advance Youth Award (desirable)
- FA Youth Award (required)
- Current DBS check
- Safeguarding qualification
- Knowledge of the FA and Premier League rules and regulations with regard to Acadamies
- IT Literacy
- Knowledge of Sport in Schools and Football Academies
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Availability for flexible working hours
- Able to communicate effectively with Academy staff, senior management staff, school staff, players and parents
- Adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
- Excellent IT and presentation skills
- Focused on individual player development
- Willing to follow and promote the Club Philosophy
To apply for the academy full-time coach (U15s) position in the AFC Bournemouth academy, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
The deadline for all applications is Thursday 5th April 2018. Successful applicants will be invited to interview week commencing Monday 16th April 2018.